In my spinning class on Wednesday, there were two women that talked and talked and talked through the entire thing. For some reason, this really bugs the crap out of me. First of all, they were obviously not working hard enough if they were able to carry on a full conversation for 50 minutes, second of all, why would they want to? And whose job is it to get them to shut the hell up? The instructors? Or should they have just gotten the hint by all the glares they were receiving? At one point, our instructor said, "If you can carry on a conversation then you are not pushing yourself as hard as you should be right now during this hard climb people!" She didn't use their names, but it was pretty obvious to everyone who she was talking to. Everyone but them, they chatted on.
This class runs from 12:00 - 12:50 then from 12:50 - 1:00, she tuns off the music and does a mini "ab-blast" session. And here is where I really had to bite my tongue. These two women stayed in the class, standing by their bikes and talked through the entire 10 minutes! Talked! And laughed! And generally were having a grand 'ol time! WHY didn't they leave the room? I was so mad which actually may have helped me get through the nine million bicycle crunches we did but wow. Seriously folks. If you are in the mood to chit-chat, don't go to a group class. Please tell me you guys agree with me and I'm not being overly critical here!
2 comments:
Wow, that's the worst. Didn't she have music on to drown them out?
argh!! As an instructor, this drove me CRAZY! It is annoying and just plain rude. I would always call people out or turn up the music so loud that they eventually got the hint.
Now that I'm a participant, it annoys me even more. I want to snap them in the back (or front!) of the head with my towel and tell them to shut the hell up!
So, i can totally relate! and, I clearly have anger issues, lol!
Post a Comment