Pages

6.25.2008

Push Ups and Fartleks


I know I'm way behind the crowd on this one, but I've finally joined in the fun of the Push Up Challenge. I'd read on various blogs that people were doing it but it wasn't until I actually clicked on the link that Workout Mommy provided that I finally decided to give it a whirl!
It's one of these too good to be true things...I really don't know how it will be possible to actually be able to do 100 consecutive push ups in six weeks, but I'm willing to try! I'd love to be able to do it. I took the initial test on Monday then based on that result (only 22 which means I've got that much more work ahead of me) I did the week one, day one work out. You only need to do it 3 days a week and it really takes no time at all so why not, right?

In running news, I followed the workout for Monday from my running club provided schedule. It reads: 'Fartlek: 24min w/8 x 2:00 on/1:00 off. T effort.' Ooookkaay. Here is what I actually did: 50 min run. Mile 1 and 2 at warm up pace, mile 3: 2:00 on/1:00 off at T effort; mile 4 steady run; mile 5: 2:00 on/1:00 off at T effort; mile 6 steady run; finished in 50:56. So. Not real sure how much of a rule breaker I am, but that's what I did. And for those of you that think I'm as fickle as a 2 year old, I have not totally abandoned the FIRST program. This schedule I've been give by the coaches at the running club seems to fit right in with what I've read in the FIRST program so I've decided it's ok to combine the two...sort of...in a round about way. Because you know, I'm an expert and all.

In totally unrelated news, did you watch Wipe Out last night. Holy crap that shit was funny. Totally stupid but beyond hilarious. The cheesy announcer's sign off at the end was "Good night, and big balls." You have to see it if you are in need of totally brainless, fall off the couch hilarious entertainment. The slow motion replays of people totally biting it is the best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray, I am so glad you signed up!

and I have a really, really, really long way to go to get to 100---but can't wait to get there!

chia said...

W00t! I'll be joining you on this challenge... homegirl needs some bigger guns :-)

No one sticks to the plan exactly... it's yours to learn and grow from :-)!!!