So I've been having motivation issues as of late...something I choose to blame on the heat and my desire to just sit back and have a cold beer at the end of the day rather than go run. So I decided to join a local running club. I've been kicking the idea around for a while now but I really like to run alone so I haven't joined. However, this club is having a special "Fall Marathon/1/2 Marathon Training Program" that is starting up this Saturday. It sounds like a good program and it meets on Saturday mornings which is totally doable for me so without thinking too much about it, I sent the email and am officially registered. Then I read a bit more. Guess what time they meet on Saturday mornings for the program? 6:f-ing:30. I don't do 6:30. I am seriously evil at 6:30. My own husband doesn't even want to be around me at that time of day. I'm not going to make any friends, I just know it. I bet they are all perky. Wish me luck.
I also registered for a 5-mile run on Sunday. But that one starts at a much more respectable 8:30. I can handle 8:30.
2 comments:
I can relate! I've joined a marathon training group too, and we meet at 7 right now, but soon we'll roll it back to 6:30. At 7 AM I can be a little social, but 6:30? We'll see!
Still, I'm glad I'm doing it, and I bet you'll do great, especially after a week or two of adjusting to the time. Having people expecting you to show helps as well. With the summer temps creeping higher, you'll be thankful, too. I'm already looking forward to the earlier start time, if only to be a little cooler at the beginning (for like 7 seconds!).
I broke up with my training group already.
It's not me. It's them.
Good luck :-D!!!
Post a Comment