Pages

4.20.2008

Sunday Long Run

Unfortunately, we have monsoon like weather today so I was forced onto the treadmill for my long run. The goal was to run 10 today but I ended up running 13.1 just to see if I could. I kept the speed relatively slow (bouncing from 6.5 to 6.9) and the incline low (1%) and just ran. It took me 2 hours and 2 minutes, a playlist and a half off my iPod and major mental pain to finish but I did it.
Now I'm going to try an experiment. I'm going to beat my head against a brick wall and see which is worse: 13.1 on a treadmill or repeatedly hitting my head against a hard surface. Bet I know how that's going to turn out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Treadmill running bites. Just did a half hour and I would rather stick a fork in my eye.

Plus, the guy on the stairmaster had the TV to Law & Order, so that was disgusting.

Hey, at least you did it. Congrats.

audgepodge said...

Wow - I am so impressed that you could run a half marathon on a treadmill! (30 minutes is my max) Sounds like you're ready to go for your half - good job!

Anonymous said...

omigod. 13.1 miles on a dreadmill? You are a champion! I would take the head banging anyday! Great job, your half is going to seem like cake compared to that.