
Yesterday the sun was shining, the winds were down and the thermometer read 54 degrees...finally! A perfect day for a non-treadmill running day!
I got out there and felt slow and awkward and like my form was totally different. I kept waiting for the sidewalk to move under me. It was very strange. And all the things I had totally forgotten about were still out there waiting for my return - hills! rocks! cars! curbs! goose poop! Finally, others things to focus on other than little red numbers slowly ticking by.
I ran 8 miles yesterday and felt every single one of them last night. I knew the first miles back outside would be hard after being in the gym for so long but I wasn't fully prepared for the sore legs I had last night.
It's supposed to be up to 57 today so I'm hoping to get another 5 in before the big game. We'll see how my legs feel about that!
2 comments:
it WAS great outside, wasn't it! even better today! i should get my a** in gear!
GOOD JOB!
Good job! I'm super jealous at your weather blessings :-). Enjoy!
Post a Comment