Pages

2.23.2008

Another Fake Snow Day


We had yet another snow day which forced the county to cancel school. Let me back up...we were supposed to have a snow day. What we had was rain. Rain. No school, again, because of rain. When will the powers that be stop listening to the weather man and start looking out the window?? So, what to do on a day where we are having more togetherness than needed? Bake. I made Outrageous Chocolate Cookies from Everyday Food. Oh. My. Gosh. I am telling you, do not make these if you have any concerns about the size of your ass because I guarantee you that you will not be able to stop at just one cookie. I refuse to admit how many I had, lets just say it wasn't pretty. These cookies are incredible. I used really good ghirardelli chocolate for both the batter and the 'chocolate chunks' which just added to the yumminess....and calorie count I'm sure. The day was filled with baking, painting, coloring, fighting, block building, legos, drawing, fighting, pillow fights, tv, fighting, separating boys, cars, computer time not being shared, more fighting.....well, you get the picture. By the time my husband was done with work, I was in bad shape. What to do when totally stressed out and awfully close to 'the edge'? Run! Get cookie ass to a treadmill asap! I hopped on, chose playlist: Green Day (nothing like screaming along with a dude wearing eyeliner to make you forget your day!), turned it up loud enough to do long term hearing damage and ran until I could feel the stress of the day melt away. And just to be on the safe side, ran some more. 8.5 miles later, I was feeling ready to be a productive member of the family again. A corona and a few slices of Amy's Pesto Pizza (which extra broccoli of course!) and I was happy as can be! Cheers to that!

4 comments:

chia said...

Just think of all the vital antioxidants you're getting from the cocoa as well as the broccolis :-). Ooh, and Corona is a vital source of Vit-C. Can't forget that ;-).

Sounds like a brilliant "snow" day! What a cool way to bunker down with the 'fam!

Ms. V. said...

Printed that recipe. At least you did a good deed for your running community!

RunnerGirl said...

I'm gonna try that recipe, although it sounds dangerous:)

As a teacher, I still love snow days. But you're right, it always seems like we go to school on the really bad days and they cancel on days they shouldn't!

Old School Runner said...

I'm with you on the "rain day cancellation." What was that? When schools close and offices do not, that just forces parents to take leave to watch the kids.