Pages

12.13.2007

Gulp

This 1/2 marathon thing is becoming more and more real. It's still so far away so although it's on my mind every day in some respect or another, it isn't all that real yet. Until now. Last week, I got a very official email from the Marine Corps themselves (all of them!) urging me to book my hotel room ASAP, pronto, now! Then, about 10 minutes ago, I got another email saying:
Thank you for registering for the 1st Annual Marine Corps Historic Half held on May 18, 2008. This is your confirmation number xxxxxxxxx. Please keep your confirmation number since it is needed to retrieve your e-confirmation card available at a later date. Don't forget to purchase your ticket for the pasta dinner held on Saturday, May 17. We offer entertainment, the Marine Corps Color Guard and Katherine Switzer as keynote speaker. Thank you and have a great race.
Is that official, or what? A confirmation number! No turning back now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by the pasta dinner. Is that what you are supposed to eat the night before the big race?