Pages

11.16.2007

I am so not cool.

This morning brought winter. Full on, 35 degree, wind gusting winter. But the sun was out so I decided to suck it up and be brave. I bundled up, which included a long sleeve shirt and my new "I'm super cool and I don't care that you think it's cold because I'm not cold, I'm cool!!" Under Armour jacket thing on top (first hint that I'm not cool: 'jacket thing' ?? I don't even know what it is). Then I had on the usual Nike pants that I wear, a baseball cap and gloves. Out the door I go. First problem: my Nike pants, while sort of warm, are too damn heavy. Problem number two: need warmer gloves. Problem number three: hello?? Moron!? Ears still showing!! I managed to get past the first few problems and began shuffling.

Well, I had a bit of an attitude today. The looks I got last Thursday were still fresh in my head so this time, instead of looking down, I looked right back at all those people driving by me giving me the "you idiot" look and gave them a "I'm having a great time and I don't care what you think...did you see my Under Armour jacket thing?" right back! Ha! Told you I was cool. So round about mile 1.5, in the middle of my cool act, one of those bitches of a wind gust came along and blew my damn hat right off! There it went, flying off my head and down the sidewalk behind me. I swear the son of a bitch in his BMW with his Starbucks nearly drove off the road he was laughing so hard! So I put my hat back on, started shuffling again and looked down.

I decided to keep it short today because my legs were still screaming at me a bit over the 8-mile run (8 Miles!!) and I have the Freeze Your Gizzard 5k tomorrow so I didn't want to over do it. I managed a slow, cold 3.2 miles and called it a day. I'll try to be cool again when I get a ski hat.

No comments: